- Enjoy you read through the full JD, make notes against each bullet point/task/experience to highlight your relevant examples to share
- Be able to answer ‘what do you know about us (the company)?’, ‘why us?’, what motivates you about this job?’.
- Take time to have a thorough read through the company – their values, recent news, plans, history.
- Social Media Channels are a great source of information – follow the company on LI, look at their FB, Insta etc.
- Check you route – ensure you are able to be there in plenty of time – minimise any stress on the day!
- Understand dress code for the day and research who you will be meeting with, it will make you feel more familiar and at ease.
- Be yourself and make a strong and positive introduction – a handshake and of course a smile counts for a lot!
- Take time to listen to the questions asked and what answers are expected – a great preparation tool to look at is the ‘STAR’ method https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/careers-advice/interview-advice/the-star-method
- Feel free to take notes – take a pen and notepad with you.
- Have some relevant questions of your own prepared in advance.
- Consider asking ‘is there anything else you need from me?’ ‘Have I covered all you need?’
- Close of with an appreciation for taking the time and a positive conclusion – you really enjoyed meeting with them, excited to hear next steps etc
- Finally contact your consultant at Teamjobs to chat through your interview feedback and allow them to manage/confirm next steps.
Your Consultant at Teamjobs will be there each step of the way to support and guide you through this process.